Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:28:37 +0300
From:      Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@sun-fish.com>
To:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What's the latest news on nVidia amd64 driver support?

Hi all,

Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> I was recently browsing the nVidia site, and noticed that the last
> significant info posting re: FreeBSD support for the nVidia video
> driver was just about a year ago.
>
> Just wondering what sort of progress has been made since then.
>
> Thanks!

I was wondering the same :) as FreeBSD 7 release is on its way.
But I wasn't sure about the proper mail list as this driver was mostly
discussed in multimedia@ and hackers@ :)

What I read on forums is from 03-05-07 - posted by zander, one of the
main developers of this driver for freebsd (?) :

"To the best of my knowledge, the various obstacles still stand, e.g.
the pmap_change_attr() interface doesn't handle
large pages on FreeBSD/amd64 and the mmap() character driver callback
doesn't allow drivers to specify a memory
type for the mapping. As to device cloning, it unfortunately turned out
to be too immature to support; it doesn't block
 a FreeBSD/amd64 port, though."

But from what I know - http://freshbsd.org/2007/05/02/19/42/47 this is
already done?

I really hope that we will have driver for freebsd 6.3 or freebsd 7.0 :)

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev