Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:15:37 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        kelly@plutotech.com, br@netland.inka.de, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [nclayton@lehman.com: Re: Handbook DocBook cutover complete]

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 12:12:08PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> I'm having the following ports problems, keeping me from building
> the docs:
>  - jadetex doesn't match its checksum and won't build (build failure
>    is due to missing .sty files)
>  - teTeX-beta won't build (build failure is a C language syntax error)
>
> I haven't put in PRs (send-pr) for these problems yet, as I'm waiting
> until I get a little more time to investigate them.  I will, however,
> re-cvsup before further investigation, as both problems look like
> something slipping out of sync, and I'm not beyond hoping somebody who
> already knows the packages will fix them first.

What version of FreeBSD?  I know they work on 2.2-stable (because that's
what I tested them on originally) and they successfully installed on
freefall (a 3.1-stable box) last weekend.  My box is still rebuilding
after my long-put-off ELF upgrade (I'm recompiling *everything*) and
I'll be checking out these ports later.

But in the mean time, more information, including logs of what
went wrong (run script(1) before installing the port, then send me
the 'typescript' file) would help.

Cheers,

                    Bagel: The carbohydrate with the hole