Date:      Thu, 01 Jul 1999 19:25:47 +0300
From:      Dimitar Peikov <mitko@www.koral.bg>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ipfwt@freebsd.org

>> 	I installed FreeBSD 3.1 serving as a gateway for our private network
>> (ethernet - ed0) to Inet(ppp0). Last 2-3 days I found strange behavior of
that
>> host. I can establish connection to any host I want to, even from local
>> network to Inet. When system boots, everything is ok, but after several
hours
>> no one from Inet cannot connect to me if they want to create the
connection.
>> I've use natd to transport local IP to the Inet dealing convertion using
modem
>> IP. Here is my ipfw rules:
>> 00100 allow ip from any to any via lo0
>> 00100 divert ip from any to any via ppp0
>> 00200 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
>> 65000 allow ip from any to any
>> 65535 allow ip from any to any
>
>Not sure if it is related or not, but you need to put a port number in the
>ipfw divert line. You might want to make sure you arn't using ppp -alias when
>you start ppp. Natd and -alias don't like each other

Sorry, I didn't use aliasing here. I use pppd instead of ppp. I'n not sure
that tha problem is here in natd, but what I see is correct. That's right that
I am skipping port in divert line, because I stopped natd for now (when write
email), to proove is the problem in it, otherwise ipfw screems for a missing
parameter.

Mitko