Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:43:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
To:        Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
Cc:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sppp corrupts mails (was: Re: 0.82 and sendmail 8.9.3 (3.2R)

On 30-Sep-99 Udo Schweigert wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 09:40:31AM +0200, Michael Ranner wrote:

>> > Yes this particular problem is fixed in 0.82, I just checked the sources.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------^^^^
>>
>> I use 0.82 and have this problem with sppp, did you meen its fixed in 0.83?
>> (Can't compile sppp and spppcontrol under FreeBSD 3.2R)
>>

> No, I meant the problem Gary was speeking about is fixed in 0.82 (It was a
> problem which could have occured also with ipr, but actually only occured
> under certain circumstances with sppp; it was not a problem in sppp but in
> the
> driver itself.)
>
> Anyway: I can't reproduce your compile problems under 3.2-RELEASE. 0.82
> definitely compiles, even the sppp part.

1. I have no problem to compile and run i4b-0.82 with sppp under 3.2-RELEASE
2. I have the sendmail problem (emails >50k) under 3.2R with i4b-0.82 and sppp.
3. I have NO sendmail problem with Brian's ppp and i4b-0.82 under 3.2R
4. I have compile problems with i4b-0.83's sppp and spppcontrol (especially
   spppcontrol) under 3.2-RELEASE (this has nothing to do with 2 and 3)

Fact 2 and 3 let me guess there is a problem with sppp or somewhere around it,
but it seems to me that there is no problem in the Fritz! PCI driver beacause
ppp runs fine with the raw channel devices and isdnd (i4b-0.82)

I can reproduce corrupted e-mails every time I send an mail greater 100k with
sppp from i4b-0.82

I could not produce a corrupted mails (until now) with Brian Somers ppp
(ppp990927) and i4b-0.82

So the use of Brian Somers ppp fixed my problem with corrupted emails
under 0.82 and my compilation problem with 0.83 (spppcontrol fails) because
ppp runs fine with 0.82

cu

/\/\ichael Ranner - Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
Michael.Ranner@netway.at - webmaster@mariazell.org