Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:12:08 +0000
From:      Keith Jones <keith@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        "A. Rich" <arr@oceanwave.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mountd -n is not allowing non-root mounts

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 10:29:14AM -0500, A. Rich wrote:

> I checked the FAQ, gnats listing, and mailing list archives, and I didn't see
> anything about this.  I can't believe that a bug this noticable would go
> unreported for this long, so I'm guessing that I'm missing something obvious.

I don't think you're supposed to be able to mount drives unless you're root.
If you really need to, I guess you could write a suid wrapper for it.

Keith
--
v Keith Jones                 Systems Manager, Blueberry New Media Ltd. v
| Postal Mail: 2/10 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, LONDON, UK. SW10 0XD |