Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:59:46 -0300
From:      Rainer Alves <rainer.alves@gmail.com>
To:        shild@sbcglobal.net
Cc:        FreeBSD Gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2.16 upgrade failed (yeah, I read /usr/src/UPDATING)

Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 22:05 -0300, Rainer Alves wrote:
>

>> - Every single icon in mail/evolution is unavailable (including toolbar
>> icons, preference dialog icons and interface icons). No error is printed
>> during startup, it simply replaces all those icons with a red cross.
>>
>> I could probably report other errors, but I've only stumbled across
>> specific gnome applications errors since I'm using xfce4 as my desktop
>> environment (instead of gnome-panel/metacity).
>>

> Did you figure this out?  I can't, evolution icons worked fine with
> xfce4, gnome 2.14 and evolution 2.6.x.   Every time I try to start
> /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon, I get this error :
>
> "You can only run one xsettings manager at a time; exiting"
>
> ...probably an xfce4 xseetings manager is running.  I just don't
> understand how it all worked before the upgrade.
>
> Just curious if you had any luck.

All my Evolution icons returned to normal after upgrading to 2.8.1.1.
In the meantime I've also reinstalled all my icon-related ports:
'misc/gnome-icon-theme' and 'x11-themes/gnome-icons-crystal', so I'm not
exactly sure which of these solved the issue.
By the way, I've never had gnome-settings-daemon running. Not before the
upgrade, not ever.

- Rainer