Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:04:59 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2 sc0 vs. atkbd0 woes

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 11:14:23AM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> Since sc0 and atkbd0 seem to be mutually exclusive
> I wonder what the right CONFIG setup is for sc0 since
> atkbd0 seems to break my keyboard presence.
>
> But leaving sc0 alone in my CONFIG file yields a lot of
> undefined's like keysw or vidsw.

Thanks to the help of Soeren (sos@freebsd.org) I got it working
now. What I did not notice on the first hand that
I had a conflict message in dmesg saying that atkbd0 could
not be installed due to conflict with sc0 (both had an irq 1 entry)
I removed the irq 1 from sc0 (which was in there from pre 3.x times)
and the keyboard worked again. The following config lines
work for me:

controller      atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD tty
device          atkbd0  at isa? tty irq 1
##device          psm0    at isa? tty irq 12
device          vga0    at isa? port ? conflicts
device          sc0     at isa? tty
pseudo-device   splash