Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:59:53 +0200 (EET)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backspace and Delete keys under PuTTY

Hi,

 I'm getting pissed (me and some other professors) by the Backspace and
Delete keystrokes that are incorrectly handled by either PuTTY or
FreeBSD when connecting to a FreeBSD system from a Windows workstation
with PuTTY. No need to mention that when it comes to Linux everything
looks fine.

  What is the proper solution ? I'd rather prefer to modify the termcaps
than making adjustments in PuTTY, as some persons get cranky when it
comes about changing PuTTY settings while Linux works well with the
defaults.

 Thanks,
 Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)