Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:07:06 -0500
From:      "AARON MARKS" <amarks@sarnoff.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Subject:   Re: Memory-Based VFS Question

Doug Rabson wrote:

> > I have another question, though: I mapped my _{get,put}pages functions
> > (they're empty, just print to console and return 0) to the vop functions
> > but when I do a system file copy (via cp), the OS never calls my
> > {get,put}pages functions.
>
> Strange. Are they in the table of vnode ops for your filesystem?  Try
> setting a breakpoint in the vm code where it is about to call VOP_GETPAGES
> and single step to see where it goes.

Yes, they are in the vnodeopv_entry_desc structure as vop_getpages_desc
and vop_putpages_desc. I stepped through the code and it goes to
ufs_readwrite.c:ffs_getpages(). I also set breakpoints in my
_getpages(), _putpages() functions and they never get called.

-A.

--
Aaron J. Marks		       Communications and Computing Systems Lab
Assoc. Member Tech Staff       Advanced Networks and Computation Group