Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:49:39 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Andrew Josey: Press Release]

At 5:18 PM -0500 1/30/02, Garrett Wollman passed along the useful info:
>    The press release announcement from The Open Group regarding
>    completion of the joint revision and the availability of the
>    html version of the specification are now online
>    at http://www.unix-systems.org/version3/

They list a CD-ROM "Document Number T950X" for $243.

But they also mention an upcoming book called "Authorized Guide
to Version 3 of the Single Unix Specification", which they say
should be out in late February -- and which includes a CD with
the full-set of documentation.

This second one sounds a lot like a new version of what I have as
"Go Solo 2", and I'm pretty sure I paid a lot less than $243 for
that book+cd.  Do you know if there something in the CD-Set which
isn't in the upcoming Authorized-Guide book+cd?

In my case, I like copying the html to my local hard disk (under
MacOS 10), and referencing it thru my web browser.