Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:26:36 +0100
From:      Janine C.Buorditez <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-R drive gone bad?

Hello.

My Yamaha CDR400t suddenly stopped working, and I have no idea what's wrong.

cdrdao and cdrecord worked just fine up until a week ago, when:

:: cdrdao write --device 0,3,0 --speed 4 --overburn *toc
>> WARNING: Unit not ready, still trying...

It's there alright:

:: cdrecord dev=0,3,0 -checkdrive
>> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
>> Version        : 2
>> Response Format: 2
>> Capabilities   :
>> Vendor_info    : 'YAMAHA  '
>> Identifikation : 'CDR400t         '
>> Revision       : '1.0m'
>> Device seems to be: Yamaha CDR-400.
>> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
>> Driver flags   : MMC SWABAUDIO
>> Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO RAW/R96R

If anyone has come across a similar problem with a solution to fix it, I
appreciate all the help I can get.

For now,
---johann