Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:44:11 +0900
From:      Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
To:        glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        ernst@jollem.com, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patchset 9 + Orion 1.0.3 ==> Bus error

At Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:35:00 +0930 (CST),
Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> Ernst de Haan wrote:
> > I tried a few more times, and the signal is triggered each time I run
> > the application. So the problem is reproducable.
>
> Thats always useful :)
>
> > So I tried to run the JVM without the JIT and then it worked fine. So
> > the problem has something to do with the JIT. It may be in the JIT, or
> > -less likely- be triggered by the presence of the JIT.
>
> Sounds like a problem with the JIT.  You might want to put in a bug report
> with the OpenJIT folks.  Maybe try and verify it on the Linux or Solaris JDK
> if you have access to a Linux or Solaris box.

OpenJIT also supports Linux JDK (Sun's JDK 1.2.2 and Blackdown's JDK
1.2.2rc*) and differences between FreeBSD version and Linux version
are very small: only signal handling mechanism (FreeBSD's is very
smart ;-).  If you can use it on Linux, please try it.

--
Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
Matsuoka laboratory,