Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:10:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
To:        juha@saarinen.org (Juha Saarinen)
Cc:        otterr@telocity.com (Otter), keramida@ceid.upatras.gr (Giorgos Keramidas), behanna@zbzoom.net (Chris BeHanna), stable@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-Stable)
Subject:   Re: All the x11-wm ports b0rken in 4.1.1-STABLE?

Hello!

> Thanks everybody. The magic trick was:
>
> 	ports-all tag=.
>
> Now I've got an updated ports collection, and was able to build Sawfish
> with Gnome support.
>
> Might be an idea to document that somewhere... I can't be the only one
> being bitten by it.

But it is:

In /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile:

	*default release=cvs tag=.

In http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cvsup.html

	Which version(s) of them do you want?

	With CVSup, you can receive virtually any version of
	the sources that ever existed. That is possible because
	the cvsupd server works directly from the CVS repository,
	which contains all of the versions.
	You specify which one of them you want using the tag= and
	date= value fields.

	Warning: Be very careful to specify any tag= fields correctly.
	Some tags are valid only for certain collections of files.
	If you specify an incorrect or misspelled tag, CVSup will delete
	files which you probably do not want deleted.
==>	In particular, use only tag=. for the ports-* collections.

The default method is to have two separate cvsupfiles, one for
your source tree and one for the ports collection.

Maybe you got bitten by merging them into one, so the

	tag=RELENG_4

was applied to your ports collection, too?

HTH,
Patrick