Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:52:32 -0000
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Full /usr/src patch

Hello,

here it finally is: http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/pfsrc.patch.gz a
full patch against FreeBSD-current. It is far from complete but it does
build and install completely. ("mergermaster -p" is a good idea)

Add the following to your GENERIC:

options           PFIL_HOOKS
options           RANDOM_IP_ID
device            pf
device            pflog
device            pfsync
<<<

This is currently in no way better than the tarball install (or the
port, which is up2date now - as I like to remind you ;)) But for the
long run we want to see pf in the tree and that is the first step in
that direction.

So please, if you like testing and have some spare time: Grab the patch,
apply it to the latest -current source and build it. Take a look at what
you get from an installworld and tell me what you like/dislike.

Note: It does not come with ALTQ. It does not yet have a fancy rc.d
script. It might be missing other things...

It's wiP (with a capital "P" ;)) to summarize the above.

I'll try to keep the patch up2date (i.e. it should almost always run
against -current)

Comments strongly requested! Thanks!

--=20
Best regards,