Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 18:58:51 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quick MAXMEM questoin

Hi...

	I'm just about to double the RAM in one of my servers from
48 to 96Meg, and believe that I have to set MAXMEM in my config so
that the kernel recognizes it (kernel from Dec 17th, 2.2-CURRENT of the
time)

	the question, albeit possible lame, is whether it is safe to
set MAXMEM to 96Meg *before* the RAM goes in and leave the kernel run
that way.  I'm doing the upgrade remotely (ie. I'm in Halifax, NS, and
someone in Toronto, Ontario is putting the hardware in for me), so I
can't/won't be in front of the machine if something goes wrong OSwise,
which is why I'd like to sort of pre-plan this as much as possible :)

thanks...