Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 2010 13:23:20 -0700
From:      Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libxul compilation problem

2010/10/17 Fernando Apestegu=EDa <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>:
> The machine has one single core cpu. Finally I was able to compile the
> thing, compiling
> the offending file by hand (nsHtml5ElementName.cpp) without the -O2
> optimization flag.
> With this flag, cc1plus eats up all the memory of my system in a few
> seconds. Without
> the flag, the file is compiled without any problems and quite fast.
>
> Should this issue be a candidate for filing a PR?

It's hard to say whether this is really a bug or not - I still think
your overall memory is low - 1 GB of RAM should be a supported
configuration, but that assumes a decent amount of swap - I'll bet
sysinstall's recommended partitioning would give you 2 GB.

Try mailing the maintainers (gecko@freebsd.org) and see what they say.

--=20
Rob Farmer