Date:      Wed, 07 May 1997 08:46:33 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        tim@futuresouth.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_de.c ????

>> Kinda pathetic, really.  Especially from people (30 or 40 cards?)
>> that obviously have the resources, and would be quite happy to
>> benefit from someone else's hard work at no expense to themselves.

I see that the FreeBSD team has no pride in their work...whoever said this.

Its the guys with the "resources" that are giving you hackers a pen to play
in....they are the ones making the market so that the vendors answer the
phone when you can and ask them for specs.

If the guys with the "resources" (of course 20 cards is less than 2000.,
which
is hardly much) wrote drivers do you think that they'd make them publically
available so that some banana could hack in some fix/bug and break it
in the next release?

db