Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:18:52 +0100
From:      peter@bsdly.net (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loosing spam fight

JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br> writes:

> all this methods are certainly useless, stay calm ok

I fully sympathize with your need to rant, but in this context most of
what you say is really quite beside the point.  Please read what the
material at the links provided actually says.

> any firewall based method you may use do block innocents as well, ike some do
> they block entire IP ranges from countries because most spam comes from them,

Blocking entire subnets is generally not useful, and unmaintained
blacklists are worse than useless.  Which exactly is why I advocate
using spamd in pure greylisting mode, possibly supplemented with
aggressively maintained blacklists such as Bob Beck's traplist and
potentially with local greytrapping.