Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:55:40 +0200
From:      Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs problems

hi

when I suspend my laptop, sometimes nfs loses contact, which means, the
network is going down, and after reconnecting (with ping and everything
working) I get "...: nfs server not responding". I try umount (-f) but
this never returns. the same with df. I killed everything from nfsiod to
mountd, portmap and rpc.statd, but umount stays running with state D+.
Last resort is to reboot, but not even this comes to an end. After the
message "syncing discs" I press the reset button because it won't reboot,
but when restarting, "/ was not properly dismounted" and I have to go
through endless fsck-ing.

Is this a feature or a bug? Or do I have to solve this problem on the
server? both client laptop and server are running 4.1-STABLE

martin