Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2013 20:00:29 +1000
From:      Jason Birch <jbirch@jbirch.net>
To:        "Lundberg, Johannes" <johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 2013 MacBook Air Project
References:  <CAASDrVkA-F-gmZW0CGxkRkSaBEDix4ni_jkJVGt41qtzTRx6uw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-Vmo=erhp_uppixsUwF-EQVLah=EyyZ6SjLaDmr8NFqm_6AQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAASDrVk8pXYZ2LyzQehCePKR=o8K2x-=ursOOOqwXSf60OK3qA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-Vmonat0vPtWgJ0g2FsOYa7xPxTnP2f5Hcwk%2BqPsh=nyizeQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAA=KUhvW3iuhmxBH3TZ9ZEnkgVNshKAzJqHxCQu76hkoUYir7g@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmonKbbmcz_H94mxxJ0sQt3Q7S82Eg7O3VON0zhmvy-doSw@mail.gmail.com> <CAASDrVnde8NJAyfHyN=p_PX=kAECQBe9Y=QuNvtCscr%2ByxWPoQ@mail.gmail.com>

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> did you contribute this stuff back up to the linux driver?

I did not; I was simply following a few how-tos on a colleague's machine to
help her get a stable network connection. We never did fully crack that
nut; I quickly realised how far out of my depth I was :)

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Lundberg, Johannes <
johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:

> This is the info OSX gives me about the 11" 2013 MacBook Air.

After a little bit of Googling, it looks like the chip inside the mid-2013
MacBook Air is the Broadcom BCM4360 (Not the 4331 I've played with) which
is currently _not_ supported[1] by the legacy b43 Linux driver.
Additionally, it doesn't seem to be listed in the list of supported devices
of Broadcom's official open-source Linux drivers[2].

Broadcom's website seems a little helpful - they offer you the ability to
submit a request for driver help - but not for this model of chip. I think
your best bet will be to work from the sources of the bcmwl driver[3] -
which /might/ be related to the brcm80211 stuff? I've not dug any further.

[1] http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Supported_devices
[2] http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211#Supported_Chips
[3] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bcmwl

JB