Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:26:29 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
To:        Dario Vitacca <dario@meyosp.mecon.ar>
Subject:   Re: Problems with Disk Array Controler

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Dario Vitacca wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:15:02
> From: Dario Vitacca <dario@meyosp.mecon.ar>
> To: FAQ@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Problems with Disk Array Controler
>
> Hi :
> 	I need Install bsd 2.2.1 on raid-5 with the controler HP NETRAID ( AMI
> Inc.), but no apareance in the hardware compatibility list. What can I do?.

I had the same problem last month. My last resort was to remove the
HP-NETRaid adapter from my NetServer LXe Pro, and connect the hot-swap
cage to one of the ordinary (but supported) on-board Adaptec SCSI
controllers, sacrifying RAID capability. The disks work fine as individual
units. I am using FreeBSD 3.0 971006-SNAP.

Best regards,

Victor Carranza