Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:23:15 +0000
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Improved ddb support

My appologies if anyone's seen this before, I've been having mail problems.

Thomas David Rivers writes:

>   The Pentium chip has improved support for debugging programs, including
>   a hardware assisted databreak manager.

A lot of the improved debugging stuff goes back to the original i386
(according to my databooks).  The only thing the Pent added was the
ability to do breaks on IO-port accesses.

I've got some test stuff that I threw into a ddb extension.  It adds
two ddb commands: `nm' to get at the symbol table; and `hbp' to get
at the hardware debug stuff.  Check the readme for more details.
http://www.freebsd.org/~erich/ddb-patches.tgz   It's not as nicely
integrated with ddb as it could be, but it's functional.

Luck,
Eric

--
Eric L. Hernes