Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:07:52 -0800
From:      Ben Lovett <blovett@bsdguru.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPF dropping packets randomly

Hello,

I've been noticing for the past few days that after my system sends out
a large quantity of packets through my ethernet interface, ipf will
start to drop packets.  I say that it is ipf because if I flush the
rules, everything works fine.  But, then when I re-initialize the rules,
it goes back to the same behavior.

I thought for a while that it might be ipf v3.4.20 that was included
with 4.4-S as of Dec. 19, but after installing 3.4.23 manually, I am
still seeing this behavior.

I have made my ruleset available at
http://www.tilderoot.com/~blovett/laptop/ipf.rules

Thanks!