Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:05:04 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        committers@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: p5-* ports

> I have a couple of questions though.

Sure.

> (1) Does it behave exactly like the one in ports?  For instance, the
>     p5-* ports still will still go to the same directory
>     (/usr/local/lib/perl5/...)?

No - I belive we discussed this before? I'm negotiable, but I'd prefer
/usr/local/libexec/perl5/.

> (2) If so, where does it get the value "/usr/local" from?

It is a configuration option for perl's ./configure, and could be
set as a #define for my bmaked stuff or as an entry in @INC for the
diehards.

I am looking at the possibilities of SPAN.pm replacing the _entire_
*/p5-* port collection. It is _very_ powerful.

> (3) Please don't commit anything to bsd.port.mk after the import.
>     I'll have to review it first.

OK.

Mark Murray