Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 12:14:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alp ATICI <atici@math.columbia.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   About 5.0 and Nvidia drivers

By the time 5.0 is released do you aim to complete all the planned
features at www.freebsd.org/smp? (like full kernel preemption) I know it's
a tentative list but still if there's a consensus about that let me know.
Will 5.0 stable be created after KSE milestone 4 commit?

I just wanted to know more about the release policy. After 5.0 stable is
released, is the development in the current branch completely be named
6.0? (and any possibly new features (like finer grained locking) will be
available in 6.0 stable) Or is the development in current tree will
continue to be merged with 5.x for some time?

And what's the latest about the Nvidia drivers? It's mentioned that
Nvidia has plans to produce the drivers for FreeBSD. I'd be happy to know
what's going on in that issue too.

Thanks,
Alp