Date:      Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:21:27 -0700
From:      "Chuck T." <freebsdfan@hotmail.com>
To:        pg@eth1.com, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apps won't run under pico

>thanx for responding
>
>our compiles of our personal apps were done on 4.5 w/
>flags -O for optimization and -o to produce a specific
>file name.
>
>These personal apps are batch programs which do not
>make use of any special libs, only the libraries
>associated with the gcc runtime and support files.

The gcc runtime routines are shared libraries which are not available under
PicoBSD.  Link your programs with -static and you'll have better luck.  The
Pico images on the web site are very old, they haven't been updated since
Pico was merged into the main FreeBSD source tree.  You'd be much better off
building an image yourself.

You might find thewall.sf.net of interest, it's a FreeBSD/PicoBSD based
firewall that's built from the 4.5 release sources.