Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 1998 20:09:01 +0000
From:      freebsd@isvara.net
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel not working on an ABit AX5 (TX) M/B

Hi!

I have just slapped in a new motherboard into my system, and I can't get
FreeBSD to work. The motherboard is a ABit AX5 w/ Intel TX chipset and
ATX form factor.

The other hardware in my system include:
2.1GB Quantum Fireball ST (UDMA)
2.25MB VideoLogic GraphixStar 600 Pro (Tseng ET6100)
1x32MB 10ns SDRAM DIMM
Cyrix P200+ CPU (75Mhz x 2)

When my custom kernel probes the hardware, it just stops after npx0
(FPU), but I can reboot (Ctrl-Alt-Del), and it shuts down fine. When I
try the latest boot floppy, the kernel quits after probing hardware
saying something about the virtual memory. I'll include the actual error
message in a later email.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Dan