Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:12:06 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        daniel.cuthbert@uk.psi.com
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FBSD 4.1.1 and Enlightenment

Dan Cuthbert wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is someone out there running Enlightenment and making use of Imlib2 and EFM?
> I cannot seem to get imlib2 to compile, it complains about the use of
> Freetype fonts (even though i have Xfstt running with 60 TTf fonts
> available) it still says that it cant find them

I have Imlib2 running fine, but Enlightenment 16.5 still uses imlib so
you shouldn't need imlib2 yet. Either way, imlib2-1.0.0 was just
released yesterday, I should have the port for it submitted by tonight.
I haven't tried it with xfstt running, if I send you my port skeleton
can you test the release version for me?

As for EFM...thats a whole 'nother story. It's still very much
developmental, is undergoing a major rewrite at the moment and it
depends on sgi's fam, which hasn't been ported to FreeBSD yet.

If you want more detailed info on either of these write
e-develop@enlightenment.org.

-Brandon