Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:22:41 +1030
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   XFree86 4.3.0 problem since upgrade

Hi All,

After running a portupgrade yesterday from Xfree86 4.2.x I have run into
a rather annoying problem.

I have (had) 2 video cards in this machine (athlon 550 on an AMD 756
board) the video cards are an Nvidia TNT2-M64 (32Mb AGP) and a matrox
mystique (Matrox MGA 1024SG/1064SG/1164SG PCI) card as a secondary
display.  this setup has been working fine for several months and a few
upgrades of XFree86, however this time it's causing major problems.
Running XFree86 -configure casues a console lockup, I can still ssh
into the box and it works fine, just no console access at all.

I have tested the cards separately and also tried several other cards
(S3, trident) all produce the same problem.  It seems to me that the
dual head code is somehow messed up, either that or there's something
new that I don't understand and is not in the documentation.

Does anyone have any ideas/same problem as this is driving me nuts.

Regards

Tim

My system is running as follows:

bofh.zaphod [11:10am] [~] >uname -a
FreeBSD bofh.domain.com 4.7-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p5 #17:
Fri Feb 21 13:22:06 CST 2003
root@bofh.domain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  i386

The following packages were updated (including imake and Xft)

XFree86-4.3.0,1
XFree86-FontServer-4.3.0
XFree86-Server-4.3.0
XFree86-clients-4.3.0