Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 05:03:16 +0000
From:      "Paolo Di Francesco" <paipai@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libutils on Sparc64/Sparc32

> > I don't know. Maybe it does not work for this. In the binutils there is a dir
> > called bfd. Please read the "readme" document in this dir and tell me what do
> > you think about it. You can note there are many interesting files in this
> > dir, and I was wondering if we have to add something here.
>
> bfd is for reading and processing object files. I don't see that we need
> to add anything at the moment, but there might be a need when we have a
> bootable system.

Hum... I don't know if Alfred's prob with linking was due to this... Maybe I'm
wrong (probably) but the binutil are based on this, right?
So the question is: _if_ binutils are based on this, and we have no
"sparc-elf-bsd" file for a description of this file, maybe we cannot run
anything, right? And more: Alfred said he is trying to run cross-compiled apps
under Solaris7. Is this bfd-file included? Does we need one to cross-compile
Solaris7 apps? (to test the crosscompiler)

I know. Maybe these are stupid questions. But I don't know much how it works
and there is not so many docs about it 8(

Tomorrow, I'll start playing with egcs cross-compiler.

Ciao Ciao
       Paolo Di Francesco
   _
 ->B<-   All Recycled Bytes Message ...