Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 10:12:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "William A. Arbaugh" <waa@aurora.cis.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Install on a NecVersaE (problems)

I'm in the process of moving my laptop from BSDI to FreeBSD 2.0.  Every thing
goes fine with the install.  I can write the new MBR, and disklabel without
a problem.  However, when I reboot the system it hangs with a read error.
It appears from watching the status lights that it is still trying to read
from the empty floppy.  I have similar results with the boot floppy from
the latest (2/2) SNAP.

I installed the boot MBR to see if that would change things.  In that
case, I get the prompt for the which partition to boot from (there is
only one!).  I select F1 and end up in a loop prompting for the partition
to boot.  The status lights indicate that it is trying to read the floppy again.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

			thanks, bill

Bill Arbaugh
email:  waa@aurora.cis.upenn.edu
office: Moore 102