Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:54:31 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Markus_D=F6hr?= <doehrm@aubi.de>
To:        "'Lawrence J. McKevitt'" <LJM@JMBM.COM>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: PPP and ms-chap-authentication (was:   )

> I was wondering if you guys know of a FreeBSD PPP port that
> will allow me to
> attach to an NT 4.0 RAS machine.  I believe that it uses the
> ms-auth-chap for
> authentication, and I would really like to dial in from home
> to my network.

man ppp:

[snip]
	Supports PAP and CHAP authentication.  With PAP or CHAP, it is
possible
	to skip the Unix style login(1) procedure, and use the PPP protocol
for
	authentication instead.  If the peer requests Microsoft CHAP
authentica-
	tion and ppp is compiled with DES support, an appropriate MD4/DES
re-
	sponse will be made.
[snap]

Never did this, but as you can read, it's possible...

Here's a site, that describes PPP setup very good and detailed:

	http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html

hope this helps....

--
Markus Doehr