Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 1995 16:56:07 +0200
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>
To:        "Jeff B. Bolton" <jeff@ring.zenox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCI Ethernet Compatibility

   On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Gary Crutcher wrote:
   > Does anyone know if an SMC Combo PCI Ethernet Adapater will work
   > with FreeBSD?

	   Yes, we use a couple of them here with no problems.

But be warned that lots of motherboards around there won't work with PCI 2
spec (?), which I believe is required to be able to use this one.  Intel
plato did not configure the adapter at all, cheap 486 motherboard did but
interrupts seemed to be lost when used.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@cs.hut.fi  home +358-0-8031121 work -4513377 fax -4555276  riippu SN