Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:48:59 -0400
From:      "Walt Haynes" <whaynes@ptd.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Windows XP and FreeBSD 4.4 on the same hard drive

    I am currently running Windows XP Professional on a HP Pavilion with =
a 27.95GB hard drive which I've partitioned with FDISK. Windows is in =
the primary DOS partition (about 7GB)  on disk drive C and the extended =
DOS partition had three logical drives (D, E, and F) defined in it; they =
are 7.3GB, 7.3GB, and 6.3GB respectively. I want to create my FreeBSD =
environment in the first logical drive (D). I know the starting and =
ending sector numbers so that I won't overwrite any data already on the =
drive. Does this sound reasonable ? And will I be able to install =
FreeBSD's boot manager to give me a choice of which OS I want to come up =
? I'd really like to do this right the first time.