Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 00:53:56 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        Randy Terbush <randy@covalent.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyclades/Hylafax/SMP select problems?

On %M %N, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> wrote:
> Any clues as to where is spending its time??

The program gives no clues.  Regretably it seems to perpetually
be in the RUN state.  However, I have a guess.  I suspect that
a select (poll?) call is returning with nothing set.  The program
is getting into an infinite loop calling select.  I've found that
the program does work.  It is just consuming 100% of 1 CPU.

I believe the problem is not SMP related. I.E. it will happen
in uni-processor mode too.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>