Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:35:05 -0500
From:      bgoering@ilsmart.com
To:        "Robb Witte" <johaan@wittedot.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup and ports

Make sure your "Installation Options/Release Name" is set correctly. I am
running 4.6-RC2 and by default the options screen shows "4.6-RC"

Once I edited that field and changed it to 4.6-RC2 the packages installed
fine from ftp.

BTW - updating ports collection should have no effect on installation of
binary packages...I believe the packages INDEX is read from the site/media
at the time the package is installed.

Bill

                      "Robb Witte"
                      <johaan@wittedot.net>        To:       <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      owner-freebsd-stable@        Subject:  CVSup and ports
                      FreeBSD.ORG

                      06/08/2002 12:55 PM

Hello I used CVSup to update my ports collection it finished without error
and from the date stamps it appears to have updated my ports collection.
But I tried to install a package from sysinstall I receive this error:

Unable to get packages/INDEX file from selected media.

This may be because the packages collection is not available
on the distribution media you've chosen, most likely an FTP site
without the packages collection mirrored.  Please verify that
your media, or your path to the media, is correct and try again.

I get the same error on each of the ftp sites that are available.

Any suggestions?

thanks for the help

-Robb