Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:56:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Narana Kannappan <narana@gold.csl.sri.com>
To:        al52x@nih.gov
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrade woes ( This time its real)

Thank You Al.

  Fsck did the trick. To summarize, so that someone else in future
may find it useful,

 - While upgrading I had specified incorrect device (/dev/wd0s1a  instead of
   /dev/wd0s2a) for the root partition (/) in /etc/fstab
 - Because of this, the system wouldnt boot up, but instead would drop
   me to a shell where the filesystems are mounted read-only and I couldnt
   mount /dev/wd0s2a or correct the /etc/fstab entry.
Solution is:
 - Boot: -s  (boot in single user)
 - fsck /dev/wd0s2a
 - mount /dev/wd0s2a /