Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:58:36 GMT
From:      paul belair <paul.belair@rogers.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   usb/120859: laserjet1000 PR#99460 how to install the patch?

>Number:         120859
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       laserjet1000 PR#99460 how to install the patch?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD amd32fbsd.phub.net.cable.rogers.com 6.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE #0: Wed Jan 16 04:45:45 UTC 2008     root@dessler.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  i386

I've done 30 installs maybe more trying to get my hplaserjet working. I've build the kernal with out ulpt and was able to upload printer firmware using cat but cups would have no support for local printing, [greyed out selection]

Today with a clean install build on source using gnome2 with out kernel modification and installed foo2zjs I saw my cups browser report that permissions where denied to ulpt0 or lpt0.

A google search brought me to pr # 99460, but that has no effect creating and configuring devfs.rules. It helped some people but I couldn't reply on the board that it didn't work for me.

Any way's some one posted a patch I downloaded it and its a txt file. 1 hr of searching how to use it I decided to write down this description.

Thanks in  advance
I'm still google and looking in the handbook on installing this patch txt file in case.
>How-To-Repeat:
I mainly use kde even in this thread. Install foo2jzs from ports or http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com

the ports collection couldn't finish and gave instrution at the end to no existant files.

http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com would complete the install but never uploader firmware to printer.