Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:55:35 GMT
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        victor@usac.edu.gt, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serial cards

In article <Pine.OSF.3.93.960910155915.19170A-100000@ns.usac.edu.gt> you wrote:

: Hi, everybody!

 Gday!

: Guatemala, Central America. Well, I am asking you for some advice about
: multiport serial cards. In my country it's very difficult to find

 The handook (at http://www.freebsd.org/) has information about supported
 multiport serial cards.

 I personally have used the Cyclades Cyclom-16Ye (two of them) along
 with a AST based 4-port unit in the one machine (thats 38 serial
 ports) and it works a charm.

 I would suggest only getting the ISA version of the Cyclades since
 the driver _doesn't_ support the PCI version yet.

 http://www.cyclades.com has more info.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds