Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 18:51:49 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        John Braun <uktests@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Amavis setup

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 06:59:42AM -0700, John Braun wrote:
> Ofcourse, FreeBSD has this command, but
> Amavis requires command file with option -b.
> If I don't mistake in version 4.1. hasn't this
> option.
>
> Where can I get source or package for this command?
>
> Or someone know howto install Amavis without 'file
> -b'?

Oh, yes, that's correct - the version of file(1) in FreeBSD 4.1 does
not yet have the '-b' option.  You can get a newer version of file(1)
from the FreeBSD CVS repository at http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi
or from an ISO image of FreeBSD 4.3.  If you're interested, I could
send you the sources myself.  You need the src/usr.bin/file/ directory,
but also the src/contrib/file/ tree, for it is there that the file(1)
sources live now.

G'luck,
Peter

--