Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 14:38:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Card recomendations?

Nate Williams wrote:

> > 	I've got the GUS MAX - which with the kernel supped last night isn't
> > working properly - midi seems to be ok - but playing samples is impossible at
> > this point in time - see my post to {hackers,current} if you want more details.
> > I like the card a lot though... it's one of the best cards I've ever used -
> > admittedly though, I've just used the soundblaster, soundblaster pro, pro audio
> > spectrum 16, GUS, and the JAZZ cards that gateway sells...

> How much did yours cost?  (I'm assuming that someone will fix the
> support before the release, so I wouldn't feel bad about buying one)

	Mine was just around $175.  I got it from Computability.  The
differences are that the regular GUS is 8bit for recording, and 16bit for
playback - the GUS MAX is 16bit bidirectional and simultaneously.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration