Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:46:14 -0000
From:      "Rich Wood" <rich@dynamite.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hosting from pair.com

On 3 Nov 99, at 20:39, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm in need of a bit of web hosting, and stumbled across pair.com.  I
> already know they use FreeBSD extensively, which is a plus, but I was
> wondering if anyone had heard any stories (good or bad) about experiences
> with them.  A Deja/Alta/Google search didn't turn up any rants from
> disatisfied customers, so I figure they're probably OK.

I've been with them for 2.5 years or so, and have no complaints. The
longest downtime so far was 8 hours for an office move, there is
another move due later this month (17th I think, http://www.pair-is-
moving.com or http://www.pair.com/Move/ for more details), but other
than that they are very reliable. Most servers have an uptime
approaching 250 days (IIRC that outage was for network
reconfiguration).

External connectivity is currently 4 DS3's with a 5th due for the new
office later this month.

The server I am on (no. 9) is a little higher loaded so only normally
manages 100 day uptimes :-(

I have several domains hosted with pair, and have nothing but praise
for them.

They have a private news server, if you contact me privately I'll
give you the username/password for it if you want to read more (I'm
sure they won't mind).

Rich (Just a satisfied customer)

--
rich@dynamite.org                 rich@FreeBSD.org.uk
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane