Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:42:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rwatson@freebsd.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netatm: plan for removal unless an active maintainer is found

> The main motivator for pruning has to do with the SMP network stack work:
> we're reaching the point, discussed on a number of occasions previously on
> this mailing list, where jettisoning unmaintained network stack components
> that are unable to run MPSAFE, is highly desirable.

What's the timeline for non-MPSAFE network drivers to be taken out
behind the woodshed?  Right now the list appears to be:

	an, awi, cm, cnw, cs, en, ex, fatm, ie, lnc, patm, fea, fpa,
	mn, ray, sbni, sbsh, snc, tx, wl, xe, ar, sr, plip

Of those, an, awi, cnw, cs, ex, ray, snc, and xe have PC Card
attachments, so I may wind up doing at least some of them (snc is pc98
only, cnw and ray are very obsolete wireless cards, so I don't think
I'll do them).

Warner

P.S.  I grepped a slightly old tree, so I may have missed something.