Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2010 00:33:12 -0500
From:      Weihang Wang <weihang@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Virtualbox: No network access

Hi Martes,

I have tried the first two interfaces which are said to be supported by =
FreeBSD, they do not work. Surprisingly, now I choose the option "Intel =
PRO/1000 T Server" and in NAT mode, it works now!!!!
Thank you so much, you do me a great favor!! Hope this also works for =
Chris!

Best,
W.W.

On Dec 2, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Martes G Wigglesworth wrote:

>=20
> On 12/02/2010 09:03 PM, Weihang Wang wrote:
>> Now the guest OS does not have network access. When using ifconfig, =
the virtual ethernet card le0 (when using PCI II) or pcn0 (when using =
PCnet FAST III) has no IP address.
> Have you attempted to select different available network interfaces?
>=20
> I have a similar issue when I first started using virtualbox, and it =
was due to not having the correct interface drop-down option from within =
the Settings tab on the VirtualBox Gui. (Where all the VMs are listed.)