Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:34:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>
To:        Daniel Graupner <listen@danielgraupner.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems using screen

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Daniel Graupner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> while pressing e.g. backspace or del in a screen session, the 'vbell'-message appears.
> These Keys seems to be non-functional, thats very ugly.
> (Freebsd 4.7, ports/misc/screen)
> I read the manpage but couldn't find a workaround, maybe its terminal specific.
>
> Any Ideas?

I've had this. I found that with xterm I couldn't get DEL to work. There
are a couple of things to do. Firstly use a different terminal. rxvt and
aterm work. Also if you press CTRL-H that will work as the backspace.

Also try "stty erase <del key>" and see if that helps

Rgds

Rus
--
http://www.65535.net | MSN: support@65535.net | Friendly Tech Support