Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:57:30 +0200
From:      Kiffin Gish <kiffin@gish.demon.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox and Flash ...

I know I am not the first nor more than likely the last, but I cannot
for the life of me get Flash to work in Firefox 1.0.6 on FreeBSD 5.4.

I've tried everything according to the FreeBSD handbook, mailing lists,
etc, but still when there is a page with Flash, poor Firefox chokes and
dies.

One thing interesting I noticed though, which might be a hint, is that
if I exit Xfce, logout, login this time as root, fire up Xfce again and
then run Firefox, everything works without a hitch, e.g. even
flash-based pages don't crash Firefox. Weird.

What gives?

--
Kiffin Gish
Gouda, The Netherlands