Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 17:22:56 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        joelh@gnu.org, rnordier@nordier.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fix for undefined "__error" and discussion of shared object versioning

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 01:29:34PM -0500, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
> > My own concern would be the amount of code in third-party programs
> > that uses gccisms.  I guess I don't see why we're looking to change.

This is an interesting point.  I talked Carl Rigney at Livingston recently
and their position is that only gcc is supported for their radius
distribution.  So I submitted patches using __FreeBSD__ consistent with
how it was done with other platforms so that radius2.1 will build for
FreeBSD out the box using ...

make EXT=FreeBSD build

Regards,

Mike

P.S.  The Lucent PM3 is a pretty cool box.  No more Ascends for me.