Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:50:58 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?S=C3=B8ren_Klintrup?= <soren@klintrup.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.4/i386 on Proliant DL360 G5 - drive failing but camcontrol says ok?

--On 07 September 2010 10:51 +0200 S=C3=B8ren Klintrup <soren@klintrup.dk>=20
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Per default camcontrol uses cached data from boot, you can update the =
data
> using camcontrol inquiry da1 -D, that will output upated data, this has
> worked for us on all versions smartarray controllers, if you have one =
that
> it doesn't work on I'd love to know :-)
>
> You should be able to get a few hints from my check_smartarray.sh script
> at http://soren.klintrup.dk/proliant/.

Hi,

Thanks - that works - it now reports:

"
#camcontrol inquiry da1 -D
pass1: <COMPAQ RAID 1  VOLUME inte> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-5 device
"

For the failing RAID array.

I wasn't aware of the caching etc. - previously just 'camcontrol devlist'=20
seemed to reflect the actual status - I'll update all our monitoring now :)

Regards,

-Karl