Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:00:20 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd & failed to write packet back

Hi all,

A proxy/firewall/nat box I recently set up is constantly spewing out an
error from natd:
failed to write packet back [host is down]

What exactly is happening here? This is pretty ambiguous, I mean - what
host? It seems to indicate that a machine that was using natd went
offline before the communication completed, but it's occurring
constantly (I see the message a few times a minute at times)

Is this indicative of any type of problem, misconfig?

TIA,
Bill