Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 01:01:48 -0500
From:      "Sean Lyndersay" <lynders@hcs.harvard.edu>
To:        <dg@root.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Slow network performance on 3com 3c509

To my knowledge, the 3c509 doesn't support PnP (this is the original, not
the 3c509b). There's certainly no such option in the configuration program.
As for a bad cable segment, is there something unique to FreeBSD that would
cause such a problem to be show up, considering that I have no problems
getting speeds of 200K/s under Win95/NT.

sean